2.08.2010

Don't Call It A Comeback

I've been here for years. Though, I will admit my jewelry making has taken a back seat to nursing clips and bracelets, buddy blankets and burp cloths. But, here I am, doing it all and loving every minute of it. Sometimes I see awesome necklaces on people on TV, or in a magazine and I get inspired to make something similar. I saw this long necklace on Stacey London (What Not To Wear) and thought "I can do that" and did. I'm LOVING the line inspired by this - check it out. (click on the images for a closer view!)

I am LOVING the antique gold rose.


Turquoise colored shells with a black rose. love love love.


Deeper bronze shells. I like the beaded detail on the individual shells.

Also, I've been digging through a magazine given to me by my manager at work. It's full of vintage inspired pieces (at about 3X the cost of my jewelry). I love this one. The metal with the pearls takes contemporary and meets it with elegant. Very bold and sophisticated.


So, there is your sneak peek! Let me know what you think!

xoxo. J.

8 comments:

BEadECLECTIC said...

I really like that last layered one. I've made a couple similar to it and have been thinking about making more lately. They have so much pizzaz!

Juliea said...

Word. I remember thinking that chain was like cheating it's gotta be so easy.....it's not. hahaa.

amy friend said...

gorgeous - and i love that you were inspired by What Not to Wear!

Juliea said...

hahaha...yea. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. I love Stacey London!

Carrie said...

Everyone loved the long pearl necklace that you let me borrow. You are sooo amazing ;)

Juliea said...

Awe, shucks!

sunnymum said...

Beautiful! I like the deep bronze shells. The colors are rich and they reflect the light well.

Juliea said...

totally....:)