2.06.2010

Recipe Of The Week: French Onion Hamburgers

I start to crave hamburgers and steak during this time of year. I believe it is probably due to my longing for warm weather and outdoor cooking. I always seem to want what I can't have, but sometimes I learn to make compromises. French Onion Hamburgers have become my happy compromise.

What you'll need:

  • 1 lb. Hamburger (or more depending on the size of you family. I try to make burgers about a quarter of a pound each)
  • 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
  • 1 can of French Onion Soup
  • Swiss Cheese Slices
  • French Rolls, Hawaiian Hamburger Buns or whatever kind of bun you want. Those two are my favorite. I bet pretzel rolls would be awesome, too!
Chop up some onion fairly fine and work into hamburger. You can add some garlic, too, if you like. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Make the hamburger into 4 patties (per pound) and add to hot cooking pan. 

Brown on both sides and then remove from the pain and drain grease. Return the pan to the burner and pour the can of French Onion Soup into it. Bring to a simmer and place hamburger patties back into the pan. Allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes.


Place swiss cheese on each patty to melt at the very end of cooking and place directly on a toasted or untoasted bun. It's great with mayo, I don't really care for it with ketchup because I think it messes with the taste of the French Onion. 

YUM!


No comments: