11.06.2010

Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Pancakes

Yum. I think one of my favorite things about fall is that I can eat pumpkin all the time. I LOVE PUMPKIN. Ever since I got my kitchen I am all about learning how to make the things I love. I've been having a blast doing it and the good news is everything I have tried that would have intimidated me before has proven itself very easy!  Pumpkin pancakes are something that I will often order by default if a restaurant is serving them because I love them so much. Since I had harvested some pumpkin for the first time I was determined to use it all (and am proud to say that I have). This batch of pumpkin pancakes was very easy to make and since I made so much of it I was able to throw some plastic wrap over the top of it and have it for breakfast the next day as well. 

So easy you can do it with a child crawling up your leg!

Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Pancakes
  • 1 1/4 Cups Flour
  • 2 tbsp. Sugar
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. each cinnamon, ginger & salt
  • a pinch of cloves 
Mix the above ingredients in one bowl
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 6 tbsp Pumpkin Puree'
  • 2 tbsp. melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • cranberries/walnuts to taste (or use whatever you want or nothing at all just to have Pumpkin Pancakes)
Start to heat your griddle to a medium heat. Put some butter or spray on the bottom of the pan. Mix these ingredients in a separate bowl. 


Combine both bowls.


 Pour mixture slowly into your already hot griddle (TIP: splash a little bit of water off your finger tips - if it doesn't sizzle and disappear then it isn't ready).


Wait until you see bubbles and a slight browning around the bottom of the pancake (approx. 3 minutes)


Flip and cook for about another three minutes.


Timing is everything on pancakes so stay on them! 


Serve and ENJOY!


No comments: