12.02.2010

The War Of Art

I have a really good feeling about the new year. I am finding a motivation and a constant drive that I have never really experienced before and it is invigorating. I have had moments like this, times in my life where I felt like I could succeed if I tried...but then I quickly realized that trying means work - and then possible failure and rejection. It's so easy to give up. Everything works against the creative mind. Kids. Dinner. World Peace. There are a million excuses to NOT create and succeed. And, I may have exhausted most of them.

I realize this, which is why I have decided to finally become proactive about it. The very fact that I am sitting here and typing this is a part of my goal to write about the experience. I am determined to have less excuses and time spent dreaming and more, well, DOING. I am making it my personal goal to do something, anything creative every day. When I was younger you couldn't keep the pens and markers out of my hands. I was always drawing or writing something. Where did that go? I miss myself and I want me back!

So, even though I don't have my camera because I let my very good friend Tasha who just had beautiful twin boys borrow it (welcome to the world, Arlo and Jensen!), I will tell you that yesterday I drew my logo for Crowning Lotus and I made a great batch of chocolate chip cranberry cookies today. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I will be ready. I actually sold a Buddy Blanket on Etsy today...could it be a sign from the universe that I am headed in the right direction? I'll tell myself that for now. Why not? It certainly couldn't hurt! Although I am still in the process of putting all of my thoughts together - and  putting them into action - I am proud to say that I have finally made some decisions about my business, it's direction and the goals I am striving for. And, I think there's a lot to be said for that

More to come. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

BEadECLECTIC said...

Congrats on the sale! I won a giveaway this AM and I feel like it was a sign that it's time to get back into baking, blogging and creating. It's in the air, son!